Resonating Spaces



javascript

Text: Ruqayya Rizwan
Photography: Ahmed Shajee Aijazi

Encountering space is a unique human experience. It amalgamates romanticism of art and literature, functionality and ergonomics of design and timelessness of brick and mortar. The experience itself engages maximum of our senses at the same time. For most part what we perceive as a visual treat is actually a sensory treat and therefore I can say with confidence if I entered a Rizwan Sadiq house with my eyes closed and ears shut I would be able to tell right away where I was, just like one can tell when one reaches home after a vacation.

Rizwan Sadiq is a contemporary architect. He finds his voice through the mechanics of building a space primarily through a plan. All credit due to his teachers and specially his mentor Tariq Hassan. A plan is the foundation of his houses. Elevation follows the plan. Everything else follows the plan and rightly so for you can live in a space that allows you flexibility and lets you grow as years pass by. If you ask Rizwan what is the strength of his plan he is likely to say his client’s lifestyle. If you ask me the same question I would say it’s the designer’s tribute to light as it falls upon a site.

0 comments:

   
Copyright © 2012 ADA: Architecture Design Art.